Wednesday 2 May 2018

The Seaglass Isle

(oh yeah, my new year's resolution is going swimmingly)

I made an entry for this year's One Page Dungeon Contest!

"A fragment of a flying pleasure-palace, roamed by salamandroids, wobbegong-men, and a murderous radioactive hermit."

I've uploaded it here, along with a more legible version of the random encounter table. I am a total newbie to Scribus, and couldn't work out how to import the table as anything other than a raster image in time.

I don't expect it to do well in the contest -- there's a lot of strong entries this year and my work is amateur at best -- but I'm still happy I got it out of my brain and into a form that's hopefully intelligible.

If you want this dungeon in a different format (I know PDFs with text boxes all over the place don't work well with screen-readers), let me know and I'll figure something out. And if you run it, please let me know how it went!

edit: a hook I forgot to include. Small pieces of seaglass wash up on beaches up and down the coast. The lingering magic of the pleasure-palace has an odd resonant effect -- whenever a spell is cast near one of these pieces, it jumps about a metre in the direction of the Isle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hi! all comments are moderated (mostly for spam) before they're published.